Thursday, September 8, 2011

Shopping at Wegmans: Alone and Under Budget

I finally got to go shopping by myself the other night.  I love my family, but it's SO much easier to shop when they're not with me. I had a pretty long list, and I was planning on going to Aldi for some of the staples, but they were closed for the holiday weekend!  I ended up just getting everything at Wegmans because I didn't know if I would have time later in the week to pick up the rest of my list.  It was so big, I had to take 2 pictures!
I mostly stayed on list, and I did stay under my $80 budget by $6.25! I was hoping to have a little more left over because I'm planning to do some shopping at the natural foods store next week, plus, we are running low on meat.


The deals and coupon highlights are as follows:

  • Philadelphia Cooking Creme -- 2 @ $1.19 using $.75/1 coupon (no longer available)
  • Luigi's Italian Ice -- 2 @ $2 each using Shopper's Club and $1/2 from 8/14 RP
  • Italian Classics Frozen Entree: Penne with Mozzarella -- $3.49 on clearance
  • Pillsbury Extreme Chocolate Brownie Mix -- $.99 on Shopper's Club
  • Old El Paso Refried Beans -- $.29 using $.50/1 coupon (no longer available)
  • Old El Paso Tortillas 8-pack -- $1.19 using $.50/1 coupon (no longer available)
  • Kashi Granola Bars -- $1.49/box using $1.50/1 coupon from Kashi website (no longer available)
  • Wegmans Organic Beef -- $4.19/lb using $1/1 coupon from Summer Menu Magazine
  • Top Care Children's Ibuprofen -- $1.19 using $2/1 Wegmans Health & Beauty coupon
  • Rimmel Super Lash Mascara -- $.99 using $1/1 Rimmel Coupon from August All You Magazine and $1/1 Rimmel Wegmans Coupon from Summer Savings Booklet
Total Before Coupons: $92.95
Total Saved with Coupons and Shopper's Club: $19.10
Total Out of Pocket: $73.85
Percentage Saved: 21%


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home