Thursday, September 22, 2011

Wegmans Savings Round-Up!

I went to Wegmans this week knowing I had already spent $11 at BJ's Wholesale Club (on Pita Chips and Pirate's Booty, of all things!), and $26 at Aldi.  So from my $80 budgeted weekly for groceries, that only left $43 for my Wegmans trip.  That is not a lot, considering I had a long list that included lots of fruits and vegetables (I am missing my CSA share already!). 


Thankfully, I remembered I had $12 left over from the previous two weeks' shopping trips. Still, $55 is not a lot, and I went $8 over.  While I'm not thrilled about that, I'm cutting myself some slack.  We're still only in the first month of using cash envelopes for groceries. 
I feel good about the fact that I was really thoughtful about what went in my cart, and got only necessities for my family:
And yes, that bag of chocolate in the front is most certainly a necessity! I didn't have a coupon for it, but it was on Shopper's Club. :)
Here are the highlights of my trip:
  • 2 Clif Kids Z-bars -- Free with this coupon
  • YoBaby Meals 4-pack -- $.99 each with Mambo Sprouts coupon (no longer available)
  • NY State Gala Apples -- $.89/lb
  • French's Mustard -- $.69 with coupon from their website
  • Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs -- $.99 with $1/1 coupon (no longer available)
Total Before Savings: $87.98
Total Saved: $24.90
Total Out of Pocket: $63.08
Percentage Saved: 28%

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 22, 2011 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

great job, looks like a healthy trip!stopping by from the blog hop, thanks for the follow, following back.
http://athriftydiva.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home