Wegmans Savings Round-Up!
I went to Wegmans this week knowing I had already spent $11 at BJ's Wholesale Club (on Pita Chips and Pirate's Booty, of all things!), and $26 at Aldi. So from my $80 budgeted weekly for groceries, that only left $43 for my Wegmans trip. That is not a lot, considering I had a long list that included lots of fruits and vegetables (I am missing my CSA share already!).
Thankfully, I remembered I had $12 left over from the previous two weeks' shopping trips. Still, $55 is not a lot, and I went $8 over. While I'm not thrilled about that, I'm cutting myself some slack. We're still only in the first month of using cash envelopes for groceries.
I feel good about the fact that I was really thoughtful about what went in my cart, and got only necessities for my family:
And yes, that bag of chocolate in the front is most certainly a necessity! I didn't have a coupon for it, but it was on Shopper's Club. :)
Here are the highlights of my trip:
- 2 Clif Kids Z-bars -- Free with this coupon
- YoBaby Meals 4-pack -- $.99 each with Mambo Sprouts coupon (no longer available)
- NY State Gala Apples -- $.89/lb
- French's Mustard -- $.69 with coupon from their website
- Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs -- $.99 with $1/1 coupon (no longer available)
Total Before Savings: $87.98
Total Saved: $24.90
Total Out of Pocket: $63.08
Percentage Saved: 28%