Monday, September 5, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Well, today is Labor Day, which means that tomorrow my husband goes back to work (he's a teacher) and summer is officially over. We're back to easy weeknight meals, eating from the freezer, and liberal use of the crock-pot.  In short, life in my house is about to get much busier!

I made this week's menu plan taking into account what we have in the pantry, what we recieve from our CSA share, and what I can either pre-make or make very quickly.

As always, breakfasts are cold cereal, oatmeal, toast, and fruit. Lunches are PB&J, crackers and hummus, or quesadillas.  For snacks my children love organic raisins, fruit smoothies, and Kashi bars.

Here is my dinner plan for the week:

Monday: Chicken Sausage with Grilled Vegetables

Tuesday: Pasta with oil and vegetables and homemade freezer meatballs

Wednesday: Chicken Stir-Fry with Rice (our go-to Wednesday meal since it uses up all the leftover CSA veggies before we get our new box on Thursday)

Thursday: Breakfast for Dinner -- Scrambled Eggs and Homemade Whole Wheat Zucchini Waffles (It'll just be me and the kids so we're going simple on Thursday!)

Friday: Kashi Frozen Pizza (using this coupon) and Green Salad

Saturday: Eggplant Pasta Bake

The only things I'll need to purchase at the store this week to create these dinners will be my Kashi Frozen Pizza and mozzarella cheese for the Eggplant Pasta Bake. Other than that, I have everything I need in my pantry, my freezer, or my CSA basket!  I'll still need some staples that we are low on (milk, rice, and yogurt, for example), but our dinners are pretty well taken care of!

What are you eating this week?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home