Friday, August 5, 2011

Yard Sale Finds: Under $20!

Even though I sort of consider myself a yard sale aficionado, I haven't had a lot of time this summer to make the rounds of yard sales.  Both of my kids are growing, though, and I always like to have clothes for the upcoming season in larger sizes so I don't have to go and -- gasp -- buy clothes at retail prices.  


So Mason and I ventured out this morning to three sales, and I was thrilled with the bargains we found!  I did make sure to stick to my Yard Sale Rules, however.   I did recon on Craigslist ahead of time, all three sales had children's clothes in my target sizes, and all the sales were within two miles of my house. 


Here's what I scored -- spending only $19 for the whole lot!
From Left to Right: 
  • Top Row: two turtleneck sweaters for me -- $1 each
  • Middle Row: Poetry for Children Book, Grandkids frame, 6 hardcover books on various topics (baking, herbs, etc)
  • Bottom Row: 3 pairs toddler girls' jeans; 4 winter sleepers, 3 long sleeve shirt
All in all, I purchased 20 items and spent $19. 

As a reward for Mason's awesome behavior, I spent $.99 extra on a day-old pastry from our favorite bagel place on the way home -- which brought the day's total to $19.99. The pastry didn't make it into the picture. :)


Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 9, 2011 at 10:07 PM , Blogger Cami said...

Great finds!

I don't know why - but I got a kick out of "I spent $.99 extra on a day-old pastry" Hehe. ;)

Visiting from the Wednesday Window - following you too - hope you follow back!

ox-Cami

 
At August 16, 2011 at 8:49 PM , Blogger J Rodney said...

It has been years since I have been to a yard sale, but that is mainly because I am on foot. If I had a vehicle for my use, I am sure I would venture out once in a while:)


Thank you for participating in last week’s Wednesday Window @ Frugality Is Free. I hope you’ll stop by to link up your favorite blog post this week as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home