Monday, August 22, 2011

Make it Yourself Monday: Seafood Dipping Sauce

My husband and I had an unexpected chance to go out for dinner last week at The Crab Shack, and since we had a Groupon, of course we jumped at it.  Crab legs are my husband's absolute favorite splurge item, so of course that is what he ordered, and I ordered the most beautiful crab cake sandwich.


On the side of my sandwich was an absolutely delicious dipping sauce. I could seriously eat whole spoonfuls of it, it was so savory and scrumptious.  I vowed to try to replicate it at home, and this is what I came up with: 


Seafood Dipping Sauce

  • 3 1/2 tbs mayonnaise (I used Veganaise)
  • 1 tbs ketchup
  • 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
  • 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp Pampered Chef Smoky Barbecue Rub
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • dash ginger
Mix the mayo, ketchup, and mustard together thoroughly, then add spices. That's all there is to it! A delicious sauce to accompany any seafood dish. You could even use this as a barbecue sauce for grilled salmon. Yum!

For comparison, the dollop on the right is from The Crab Shack. The dollop on the left is the one I made.  Pretty close!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home