Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Weekly Menu Plan -- Let's Eat from the Pantry!

I've been stocking up with coupons and great deals so much lately, my pantry is filled with plenty of meal fixin's: rice, frozen vegetables, oatmeal, crackers, bread crumbs, pasta, and rice noodles.  Plus, I still have plenty of chicken in the freezer from my 40 lb buying spree back in May. 


In order to keep as much money in my cash envelopes as possible, I decided to try to plan this week's meals around what I already have in my pantry. Here's what I came up with:


Monday -- Date-night! (I know Monday is a lame day for date night, but my dad and step-mom offered to take the kids, so we will take what we can get!)
Tuesday -- Grilled Barbecue Chicken with Sweet Potato Fries & Grilled Squash
Wednesday -- Pork Ribs with grilled vegetables and biscuits (still looking for a good slow-cooker pork rib recipe, so please share if you have one!)
Thursday -- CSA Vegetable Stir Fry with Fried Rice 
Friday -- Italian Chicken & Orzo Skillet -- I'm using the recipe from the Philadelphia Cooking Creme package. There is a coupon here that makes it only $1.19 at Wegmans. 
Saturday -- Dinner with Extended Family
Sunday -- Quesadillas with fresh salsa


The only thing I need to buy for all of these meals is the orzo fro Friday's Chicken & Orzo Skillet. Not too bad!


What do you have cooking this week?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At August 18, 2011 at 12:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your week sounds very yummy! I cheat with my ribs and douse them with either homemade BBQ sauce (still tweaking) or I use a local BBQ Sauce called Sticky Fingers in Carolina Sweet. I tend to only use the crock-pot for roasts though and do the oven method for ribs.

 
At August 18, 2011 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Delightful Deets said...

I'm following you back! Any night the grandparents will watch is date night :) way to start the week off right! Looks like a yummy week!

 
At August 18, 2011 at 3:27 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Heather -- Carolina Sweet is one of my favorite BBQ sauces. THat reminds me to pick some up at Sticky Lips this week!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home