Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Once a Month Slow Cooker Freezer Cooking from the Stockpile: Part I

So, I've been wanting to do some freezer cooking for a while, to free up some time during the week and generally make life easier.  Then I thought, wouldn't it be great if I was able to use what's in my pantry stockpile currently to do the freezer cooking? I could save even more money!  I liked the sound of that idea so much, I thought, what if I was able to use my slow cooker for much (if not all) of this cooking extravaganza? This project will be a piece of cake! And, I thought, I'll make enough meals for an entire month. Then I can sit back, save money, and enjoy a little R & R. 


That's the plan, anyway. 


My first step is to get organized. I need to survey what's in my stockpile, and plan meals around that. Here's what it looks like:




Here's what I have a lot of:
  •  Eden Organics Garbanzo beans (bought on special at Amazon)
  • Cream of Chicken Soup ( $.50/can at Target a few months ago)
  • Barbecue Sauce (FREE at Target)
  • Salad Dressing/Marinade ($.39 each at Target and FREE at Tops)
  • Chicken Breast (in Freezer - bought at Palmer's for $1.49/lb)
  • Ground Beef (about 5 lbs in freezer -- Wegmans' Club Pack $1.99/lb)
  • Shredded Cheddar & Mozzarella Cheese (bought in bulk at Wegmans)
  • 10 lbs of Frozen Spinach from BJ's Warehouse.
  • About 10 boxes of pasta from various stores
  • 10 lbs of White Rice from PriceRite
  • Several Boxes of Swanson Chicken Broth (No MSG!)
Next, I need to make my menu plan. I have a few ideas, but I'd love to get some input first. What would you make with these ingredients??


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At July 13, 2011 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think I see some tomato sauce in there? I like to make a simple meat sauce (sauce + ground beef +canned mushrooms) it freezes really well and everyone loves it.

 
At July 13, 2011 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I do have some prepared tomato sauce and just crushed tomatoes. That is a really good idea. Thanks, Lindsay!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home