Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wegmans Trip: Much Ado about Not Much

This week's shopping trip to Wegmans was a trifecta of foibles: I went right at dinner time, I had both kids with me, and we were all hungry and cranky.  Not a good combo!  Plus, when I got there, I realized I didn't bring my coupons for some of the items I had planned on getting.  


This seemed like a disaster of epic proportions.  It meant that I would have to bring both children back to the grocery store at some point this week. Vowing not to do that, I got just what I needed, and got out of there. I wish I could say that I did it without being short with my children, but I can't.  Lesson learned: next time, I'll either find time to go by myself, or I'll just roll with the punches a little better!  Because frankly, I don't think I was adding to the situation much -- my tense and annoyed energy wasn't helping M and E behave better, that's for sure.


I wasn't paying as much attention as I usually do to prices during my trip -- I was just trying to grab and go -- but I was happily surprised at the register when my final total was only $61.80. Here's the breakdown:
Organic Nectarines -- $2.49/lb, Paid $5.45
Final Price: $4.45 for about 2 lbs.

Wegmans Naan Bread (for make your own pizza night), 2 @ $2.99 each
Used $1/2 coupon from Fall Menu Magazine
Final Price= $2.50/each

YoBaby 4-pack -- $2.49
Final Price= $.99

YoToddler 4-pack -- $2.49
Used $1/1 (obtained in a coupon trade)
Final Price = $1.49

Top Care Children's Acetaminophen -- $2.49 on Shopper's Club
Final Price = $.49

Total Before Coupons = $75.17
Total Coupons and Shopper's Club Discounts = $13.37
Final Out of Pocket = $61.80
Percentage Saved= 18%

This was a pretty low out of pocket trip, but I also spent $12 at Aldi this week, mostly on cheese. :) That still brings my spending to about $74. With the $6 I have left over from last week, I now have $12 saved to put towards a trip to the health food store later this month. 

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At September 14, 2011 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love Stacy's chips :) I see you have a cute tree button if you want to trade links let me know.

 
At September 14, 2011 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Rashida Singh said...

Love your site I am one of your new followers! :)

 
At September 14, 2011 at 1:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

New follower! Thanks for following my blog!

 
At September 14, 2011 at 5:28 PM , Blogger CJ Poindexter said...

I need help all day long with coupon clipping and grocery shopping. I am fabulous when it comes to clothes and housewares. But food? Ugh!

Love you blog. Thanks for stopping by mine (a while ago!)

http://cjsredcloset.blogspot.com

personal blog is http://killsuperwoman.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home