Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's Weekly Menu Plan Time!

In preparation for my weekly shopping trip to Wegmans,  I looked through all the cabinets refrigerator to see what I needed to use up this week.  You'll also notice that there are a couple of repeats from last week. I never made the pork ribs because I'm afraid to grill them (our grill is old and occasionally shoots fireballs out the side), and it was hot so I didn't want to bake them in the oven. Now that it's a little cooler, I'm going to give it a try. 


Also, my husband loved the Eggplant Parmesan from last week so much, he asked to have that again. Since we got another batch of gorgeous graffiti eggplant in our CSA basket this week, I couldn't say no. 


The funny thing is I can make all of the components for all of these dinners using items already in the freezer, refrigerator, or pantry.  I'm really happy about that -- it's what is helping me stay within my tight budget right now.  I shopped only for fresh staples like cheese, milk, and bread (and, of course, my Stacy's Pita Chips).


Here's the dinner menu for this week:


Monday:  Pasta with Sauteed Swiss Chard and Garbanzo beans (I forgot the greens were in there and needed to use them up!)


Tuesday: Broccoli Stir-Fry with Rice Noodles


Wednesday: Pork Ribs with Grilled Zucchini & Onions


Thursday: Chicken Pasta Primavera


Friday: Dinner with Family


Saturday: Tacos (using meat from my freezer cooking day) with Fresh Tomatillo Salsa

What are YOU eating this week?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home