Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Coupons & Organic Food, Part I


When people find out that I’m “into” couponing, I invariably get the response, “but there are never coupons for the products I use” or “but there aren’t any coupons for organic food!”
Not true!
There are many organic products that I haven’t paid full price for in months.  This week I’m going to show you how to get dairy products at a discount using coupons.  Milk products are a great place to start with because it’s really important to me that my kids aren’t exposed to the antibiotics and growth hormones non-organic cattle are fed. 


One of my kids’ favorite foods is Stonyfield Farm yogurt. There are two ways to get free or reduced price yogurt.  First, go to Stonyfield Farm.  This link brings you to the "coupons and offers" section. Click on Coupons.   Coupons are available for a variety of different products, including the YoBaby and YoKids individual yogurt cups. Usually, there is a print limit of one coupon per computer, but they refresh the coupons every 2-4 weeks. The coupons are for $.50 or $.75 off, so if you bring them to Wegmans (which doubles coupons up to 99 cents), you will get a dollar off your purchase. If you’re like me and purchase this product every week, you could save $100 a year!  

To get free yogurt products from Stonyfield Farms, click on the My Stonyfield Rewards tab.  After you sign up, you simply input the code from each package of yogurt you buy. You will earn between 3 and 6 points per product, and can get a coupon for a free YoBaby 4 pack for just 20 points. You can also redeem points for Happy Baby and Nature’s Path brand products as well. Depending on how much yogurt you buy (my kids go through a LOT), you could possibly get one free pack of yogurt a month. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home