Monday, August 1, 2011

Make it Yourself Monday: Garlic Herb Butter

I'm running a little late for my Make it Yourself Monday post.  We had a family reunion in the Adirondacks this weekend and I was doing the whole shopping/laundry thing today.  But it's still Monday for a few more hours!  Today for dinner I had some amazing fresh green beans from the CSA that I wanted to use. I sauteed them in the most amazing homemade garlic herb butter, and they were near perfection.


Wegmans sells Garlic "Finishing Butter" for $2.49 for 3.5 oz.  After buying it a few times -- it really is pretty yummy -- it dawned on me that it's not that hard to combine butter, garlic, and some herbs.


Garlic Herb Butter
3 tbsp salted butter 
2 fresh garlic cloves
a handful of fresh herbs (I used chives from my garden)


Combine all ingredients in a food processor and voila! Beautiful, flavorful butter to complement any fresh vegetable.  



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home