Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My CVS Trip: Finding Ways to Save on EVERYTHING


Yesterday's trip to CVS proves that you don't always have to forego your favorite brands or specialty items in order to save money. By taking advantage of store sales and yes, using coupons, I was able to get a printer cartridge (a must for printing coupons!), $30 worth of iTunes gift cards, and the special (read:expensive) razors that my husband insists on, all for under $50. While that may not seem like a huge bargain bonanza, I was able to spend less on each item that I would inevitably be buying anyway, regardless of sales.  Here's how I did it:
Transaction #1:
1 5-ct Gillette Mach 3 Razors -- $14.29
-$2 ECBs
-$3 manufacturer coupon in 6/3 P&G

1 iTunes 3-pk Gift Cards -- $30
-$5 ECBs
Total out of Pocket: $42.43

Transaction #2:
1 HP ink cartridge -- $19.99
-$5.00 store sale
-$5.00 ECBs from prior transaction
-$2.00 ECBs from prior transaction
Final Price= $7.99

Total Spent: $49.28
Total Retail Value: $64.28

As a bonus, a $2 off 1 Pantene, Herbal Essences, or Aussie product printed out at the register. I'm planning on combining this with the $1/1 in 6/12 RP and the $1/2 ECB deal on Herbal Essences this week, to get 2 for $2.97.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At July 6, 2011 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Carlye Jean Rankin said...

My husband and I also got the itunes gift cards! We each bought one. He used his mom's card and we gave her the ecb for letting us. Not need in wasting free money! We bought them for a photo shop program on the mac...I was happy to receive the $5 for groceries/toiletries!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home