Monday, June 13, 2011

A Quick Aldi Trip and a Daring Proposition

After much mental and emotional gearing up, I think I am about to attempt the impossible: go a week without stepping in a Wegmans. 


I know, crazy, right?


Last week was sort of bananas, due to 2 sick kids, and I didn't end up making a couple of the meals I had planned. As a result, I still have enough meat in the freezer to get us through the week, and enough pasta, rice, and couscous to round out the meals. We are admittedly low on fruits and vegetables, but I will be picking up our first CSA basket of the season on Thursday, so I think we can make do with frozen spinach, broccoli, and peaches for a few days. 


I'll let you know if I fall off the wagon, though.


I did make a quick run to Aldi today,  which consisted mostly of cheese. 
I've been hearing a lot lately about how Aldi is raising their prices on milk. I paid $1.95 for a gallon of whole milk, which is still $.24 less than Wegman's price.  This trip only cost $17.14 total, so if I can manage to stay out of Wegmans, that is pretty darn good for the week!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At June 18, 2011 at 9:00 AM , Blogger J Rodney said...

Our milk had increased 10 cents.

Thank you for linking up at the Aldi SavingsLinky at the Aldi Spot.

 
At July 8, 2011 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Jacque said...

Wow, milk at my Aldi's in the the $3's... I live in mid-missori

 
At July 9, 2011 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Wow Jaque! Is everything more expensive where you are or just milk?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home